Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The things in my backpack

One of the things I do when I'm not watching baseball or sitting in class or counting the seconds until the new episode of Dexter next Sunday is work as an RA (Resident Assistant).

One thing that RAs occasionally have to do is put together educational programs for our residents. Tonight, my floor is going to play some Jeopardy. Except, it's not about 18th Century French Lit, or 'Starts with Z,' or Potpourri. Oh no. These are college kids, and most of them freshmen. So....yeah, we're doing Sex Ed Jeopardy.

Because I don't want to simply TALK about safe sex, my coworker and I decided we should make condoms available. Which meant that I had to go to the student health center and ask for "condoms. Lots of them. As many as you can give me, actually."

As I left the health center with dozens and dozens of condoms in my bag, I wondered: If I were hit by a car right now and everything I was carrying got scattered around my mangled body...what would the person who rushed to my aid think of me?

I guess it's a good thing I didn't get hit by a car.

No comments: